Plan your journey and arrive with time to spare. Running late can lead to you being frustrated, stressed and maybe a little flustered and this can be picked up by your date. Arrive at the venue with as much time to spare so you can relax, get comfortable and be stress free for your date.
Be Open and Confident. When it comes to making the first impression, body language as well as appearance speaks much louder than words. Use your body language to project appropriate confidence and self-assurance, smile and make good eye contact.
Researchers have found that a first impression is made within the first seven seconds after you meet someone new. When you meet someone for the first time take into account all of the above and make the first impression a good one!.
If you are feeling uncomfortable and on edge, this can make the other person feel on edge too and that’s a great way to create the wrong impression. If you are calm and confident, the other person will feel more at ease, and give you both a solid foundation for a good date.
Of course physical appearance matters. The person you are meeting for the first time does not know you and your appearance is usually the first clue he or she has to go on.
You don’t need to look like a model. Just present yourself appropriately. A clean and tidy appearance will set you up for success and make you feel more confident.
Be Comfortable! But remember you are on a date and you don’t get a second chance to make a first impression!
As the saying goes, “Smile and the world smiles with you.” A warm and confident smile will put both you and your date at ease.
Well, Its not all about you. Make sure you don’t spend all of your time talking about yourself! you only get a short time with each date so make it count. If you feel like its all been about you then ask your date a question get them involved in the conversation.
• Are you local?
• Where did you grow up?
• Have you any brothers and sisters?
• Have you got any pets?
• What 3 items could you never live without?
• Have you got an unusual party trick?
• What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
• Are you a morning or night person?
• How would your best mate describe you?
• Where was the last place you travelled to?
• What do you like doing when you aren’t at work?
• What are you most passionate about?
• Do you like being active or prefer quality time on the sofa?
• Made plans for this weekend?
• What did you want to be when you were younger?
• What do you look for in a relationship?
• If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
• What kind of music are you into?
• If you could see anyone perform live who would it be?
• Seen any good films lately?
• What are your favourite films?
• Have you got any weird celebrity crushes?
• Watching any good TV series at the moment?
• Do you like to read? Read any good books lately?
• Do you like to cook?
• What’s your favourite tipple?
• What would your ‘last meal’ be?
• If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Your Ex: If you’re talking about your ex it means you not over them!
Work: It’s ok to get the basics but don’t waste your time talking non-stop about work.
Religion & Politics: Far too intense for first time you meet someone.
Donald Trump: Too much said already!
Money: Don’t ever ask how much someone earns, it’s none of your business!
Marriage & Kids: Bit too much for a first date don’t you think!
The most important thing to remember is to enjoy yourself and have some fun!